General Statement of Job
The controller contributes to the successful achievement of the organization’s mission and strategic initiatives by providing oversight, evaluation and direction for the financial performance of the organization through planning, organizing and executing the various control fuctions.
Essential Job Functions
- Monthly Site P&L’s for Locations we service – This is currently 15 and it is growing
- Monthly Sales Tax Reporting – Currently in NC, SC, Oregon, Washington, Tennessee, and Missouri
- Manage the activities of the accounting department including financial controls, working capital management, accounting systems and safeguard assets for two companies through QuickBooks.
- Work Closely with A/P person on Coding Invoices
- Work Closely with A/R person on Accounting for Credit Card Payments
- Balance Cash Each Month for Both Companies
- Responsible for month end closing process of accounting department including account reconciliations, billing accruals and review, fixed asset and depreciation schedule maintenance.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
- Develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; ensure team members are adhering to such policies and procedures.
- Develop strong internal control procedures, identifying opportunities to enhance process and controls across all business areas.
- Ensure the timely and accurate closing of monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting in compliance with US GAAP and that the right processes are in place to deliver financial statement integrity in accordance with organization timelines.
- Lead the preparation of the monthly reporting package; implement improvements, as needed.
- Manage, mentor, teach and train team members in the GL, Payroll, AR and AP areas.
- Manage/lead the external audit process working closely with our external auditors.
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
Education, Experience, and Training
- B.S./B.A. in Accounting, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of accounting and progressive finance preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of finance management experience preferred
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office products- Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Willingness to take on additional tasks as assigned.
Standards of Performance
- Demonstrate informative and professional assistance when working with customers, vendors and team members.
- Act independently and originate new approaches to problems.
- Maintain initiative to preserve the flow of work.
- Work under stress with commitment to deadlines.
- Sustain interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and externally.
- Complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain Company information in a confidential manner.
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Display professional appearance, warm demeanor and positive attitude.
- Ability to listen and analyze information presented, as well as communicating information and ideas through effective speaking and documentation.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks on multiple projects.
- High level of organization.
- Stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch occasionally.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
Working Environment and Conditions
- This position requires working in an internal environment.
- This position requires a flexible work schedule; night and/or weekends may be required.
To apply, please send your resume to:
Barbara Fitzpatrick, HR Manager
or mail to:
324 S. Elm Street, Ste. 400
Greensboro, NC 27401